Friday, December 18, 2009

picot bracelets



I made my first picot bracelet in my beading class and modified the design slightly to make the second one. Sewing beads on a button was my own idea. I doubt I could do it in the same way twice. I'll probably stick to using unadorned buttons from now on; I like the beaded button, but I don't love it. Plus I had a terrible time trying to sew the button on the bracelet. I guess that is what happens when you completely cover the buttonholes with beads. My grandmother recently gave me her sizable button collection, so I now have a large store of unique and vintage buttons on hand.

My youngest sister's birthday served as an excuse to make a third picot bracelet much like the second one but with pale opaque violet beads instead of clear ones. I wish I had taken a picture of it, because the bracelet got lost (temporarily, I'm hoping.) My grandmother gave me the perfect button for this bracelet (it is silver with a clear glass rhinestone).

1 comment: