Friday, December 18, 2009

swarovski tennis bracelets



I made the bracelet pictured at the top in a beading class. My mom and I chose the colours together since I was making the bracelet for her.

I originally intended to give the second bracelet to my cousin. But after finishing it I discovered that I should have used a different clasp (this clasp is fine for thinner bracelets, but just doesn't work with this one.) I can slip it on without undoing the clasp, so I kept it and made a second one for my cousin.

Two of my aunts are commissioning a bracelet like my mom's, but they haven't seen the grey/black/clear version, so I'll point out a few design differences. The silver beads in my mom's bracelet are glass and smaller in diametre than the sterling beads on bracelet #2. I personally like the larger beads, but the crystal beads fit slightly more closely together on bracelet #1. I got rid of the bead loops near the clasp when designing bracelet #2.

No comments:

Post a Comment